Chicagolandia
It's been ages since I've posted here - so many changes in my life, I hardly know where to start! I've been laid off from my position at a non-for-profit organization. It's both a blessing and a curse. A blessing that I am no longer working longer and longer hours (which is why I stopped posting back in October), but it's a curse to be unemployed in this market.

I'm trying to get my bearings now that the holidays are behind us and I'm establishing a new routine. One thing that will keep me feeling more grounded is getting back to my meal planning. I hate looking at the clock and it's already 4pm and I haven't a clue what's for dinner. I need some semblance of organization to my life - even if it's just one meal at a time. I've got a great stockpile of ingredients to pull from and a full freezer so I'm all set to get back in my groove.

Monday: Grilled cheese, tomato soup, sliced Minneolas
Tuesday: Burgers, tater tots, salad
Wednesday: Tostadas, apple salsa, guacamole, and all the fixin's
Thursday: DH's night to cook
Friday: Flatbread Pizza, salad
Saturday: Bacon & Red Pepper omelets, sliced apples, bagels with Cranberry Cream Cheese Spread
Sunday: Enchiladas, rice, and beans

Breakfast of the week: Oatmeal, bagels and cranberry cream cheese spread, or cereal
Lunch of the week: leftover ginger stirfry, navy bean soup, salad, or sammies

Dessert of the week: Frosted Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
Labels: | edit post
3 Responses
  1. I am so sorry to hear that you lost your job. This economy is so tough. I wish you the best of luck finding a new one.


  2. Thanks so much, Precious! It was kind of a blessing in disguise, but I can't wait til I find another job.


  3. Sonya Ann Says:

    I'm so sorry about your job and I hope that something better comes along!


Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0 2