Chicagolandia
As any couponer shopping today knows, there is a such thing as coupon karma. What this means, to me anyway, is that good is rewarded with good, and the reverse is quite often true. While I've come across my share of snippy, rude, and obnoxious cashiers - every once in a while...I find a true gem.

Last night, while taking my last run at the Jewel freebies (Suave and Ragu products) and grabbing my well-placed filler items (Jewel brand mandarin oranges, tomato sauce, refried beans, and enchilada sauce), the cashier, Megan, scanning the coupons at the self-check was amazing! Megan was everything I adore in a cashier - upbeat, friendly, and helpful. A pleasant bonus - she wants to learn how I shop! I spent less than $10 on Ragu pasta sauce, Buitoni tortelloni (4 pkgs!!), 2 dozen eggs, lots of Suave shampoo and conditioner, fruit, tomato sauce, and more.

Megan and I chatted each time she had to come put a coupon through for me - she was giving me tips on which were the better types of Sauve, I was outlining the cheapies and freebies using the YourBucks system - I couldn't have hoped for a smoother, easier time at Jewel than what I got. And to think...I almost went to the "other" Jewel - the one in the neighboring town where the store is much dirtier, the customers are rude, and the staff barely speaks and looks no one in the eye.

My hometown Jewel - got bless their hearts - haven't given me any problems with my couponing in many, many months. They actually get it! One cashier recognized me from seeing me drop stuff off for the food pantry, maybe that's why they are so friendly. I'm not exactly sure what it is, but I am all smiles after that shopping trip. Now - off to give Megan a very well-deserved pat on the back through the customer survey that printed at the bottom of one of my receipts!
Labels: | edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0 2