Chicagolandia
Wow - the trip to Minnesota was amazing! The night before the trip, DaMama and I loaded 2 huge reusable bags full of fresh ingredients and treats to bring to my sister and her family, and that was a huge hit!

With the crazy prices of produce (when you have to import so much of it year-round up there), the bags I brought were bursting with limes, blueberries, peaches, peppers, cilantro, etc. etc. etc. not to mention a few pounds of amazing deli meat (all for under $3.00 a lb.) - everyone was thrilled! And all of that for less than $25, my sister was speechless!

A few of the nights, my sis and I were in the kitchen making dinner together. It was great! Never having lived close enough in my adult life to do these normal, everyday things with Amy, I had so much fun just doing those simple tasks.

On Saturday, I watched one of my oldest and dearest friends get married. Nothing can compare to that. Nothing. I'm so excited and happy for her, it was just a perfect weekend all round....except the weather. It has rained everyday for the last week and a half. I'm so ready for the rain to end.

On to this week's meal plan - it's another short week as DH & I head to Atlanta for my brother-in-law's college graduation. By next week, I'll be screaming to get back in to the rhythm of things at home, but for another straight week, I'm a traveling gal! Not a lot of fresh ingredients on hand, so this week I"m trying to use up what I have left. No point in going shopping for perishables except yogurt - I got to have it for my breakfast. For now, here's the plan:

Monday: Spaghetti with Italian sausage and roasted pepper marinara

Tuesday: Garlic bread pizza (homemade), garden salad

Wednesday: Breakfast burritos with peppers and sausage, apple slices, juice

Thursday-Sunday: In Atlanta for the graduation celebration!
Labels: | edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0 2