Chicagolandia
We have moved! We went from a 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom house in a nice, typically suburban neighborhood, to a cute 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom townhouse a few miles away. It's a huge space adjustment - my kitchen has shrunk by half. And my linen closet is larger than my pantry. I'm really going to whine about that pitiful pantry. For months. Maybe even years....

I have done no shopping for days, so I've definitely been saving money. My first move was to open up the windows, get some fresh air in the new place, since it's been shut-up for so long, it's got that musty-house smell. Not a favorite of mine, I will admit. Unfortunately, it's been a little chilly at night here (some grumblings about frost warnings), so DH asked if he could "close the windows a bit" last night. Reluctantly, I obliged. (My years in MN conditioned me to with stand the cold. But if the temp. reaches 80 degrees, it feels like a heat wave.)

We've got a lot of stuff to unpack - right now we're still trying to place furniture, sort boxes, find stuff. The only things that are unpacked and organized would be the chest freezer and my half of the closet. Everything else is crazy! I'm just talking it one stack of boxes at a time. Otherwise, I'd go completely insane and need a good massage, some heavy-duty pampering, and a chick flick. Normally I'd add shopping to the list, but I'm generally too tired to move right now.

I'd give more details, but I'm still in a kind of haze - and as far as meal planning - I'm still trying to get the fridge sorted out. I did thaw chicken, ham, and some beef stew meat for the week - looks like a chicken cordon bleu will be a possibility, I've got some ideas brewing! But, I'll post the meal plan tomorrow. That way I can feel justified going out shopping/hounding again.
Labels: | edit post
7 Responses
  1. Amanda Grant Says:

    I'm glad the move went well. Good luck getting settled in--remember to take it one box at a time!


  2. Thanks Amanda! I can't wait to get settled in.


  3. Frances Says:

    Glad you are all moved in. The worst part is over now! As for your pantry, I totally understand. We live in a 2 bedroom, 2 bath apartment with NO pantry. But, hubby put shelves up in the laundry room, over the washer and dryer and they make for great storage of the things we use regularly.

    Then, we have 3 5 shelf bookshelves in the second bedroom that serves as my "pantry". We also have a full sized upright freezer in there. When the kids all moved out, we downsized, but insisted on a 2nd bedroom, just for "stuff." The pantry, freezer and exercise equipment live there. LOL!

    I am sure you will come up with a workable solution to deal with your too small pantry. A cook's gotta have a pantry!


  4. steve walsh Says:

    Radio Interview
    We're doing a segment on cheap living Wednesday, beginning at 4:30 p.m. We'd love to have you on, at least by phone. Can you do it?


    Steve Walsh
    Host Producer
    Vocalo.org WBEW 89.5 FM (312) 893-2977 steve@vocalo.org
    “When you give up the need for power, reputation and money, you have the whole world open to you.” Walt Reiner


  5. Anonymous Says:

    I'm glad that you were able to get the move over with. Now for the terrible part of getting reorganized!


  6. I am glad the move went well.


  7. I'm looking forward to getting my pantry set up and getting Annie's Market back open for business!
    With the massive jumble of boxes, it's hard to think with all that mess.


Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0 2